The Small Space Marketplace

List Your Space

Find Space

Home About Us Executive Subscriber Membership RENTV Conferences Newsletter Contact Us Advertise
October 22, 2020
 Search RENTV
 Video Programs
News Home Page
Southern California
Northern California
Pacific Northwest
Prop. Management
Press Releases
 R. E. Marketplace
Service Providers
Property Spotlight
 RENTV  Conferences
Subscriber Login:
Forgot Password?

Printer-friendly Version   Email an Associate
Gelt Inc Spends $145 Mil on Denver Area Res Community


Los Angeles-based Gelt Inc has boosted its Denver area res portfolio with the acquisition of Kallisto at Bear Creek, a 472-unit residential community in Lakewood, CO, for $145.5 mil ($308k/unit). The property is located at 2605 S. Miller Drive in the Bear Creek area of Lakewood, one of Denver’s most sought-after western suburbs.

Built in two phases in 1987 and 1996, Kallisto at Bear Creek is situated on just over 38 acres and includes 51 two- and three-story buildings. The majority of the units consist of one- and two-bedrooms with a mix of traditional flats and townhome floorplans.

The property offers a number of on-site amenities including a community garden, tennis court, two swimming pools, hot tub, 31 acres of landscaped open spaces, BBQ areas, clubhouse, business center, dog park and fitness center, among others. The units feature private balconies or porches, wood and gas fireplaces, washer/dryer, walk-in closets, and extra storage.

“Gelt has been attracted to the Denver market because the Millennial population has grown four times the national average, and job growth has more than doubled the national average. At 27 percent, we also like the relatively affordable rent to income ratio when compared to other Western cities,” said Josh Satin, Director of Acquisitions with Gelt. “This year, we are continuing to pursue additional assets offering a value-add upside in this region.”

Gelt is planning on investing $3.5 mil in capital improvements to the property over the next four years. With this latest acquisition, Gelt now owns nearly 2,500 units in six communities in the Denver metro area.

“The seller had executed a number of extensive improvements to the exterior and common areas as well as about 25% of the interior units,” said Danny Orland, Director of Investments with Gelt. “Our business plan is to focus on completing an interior renovation of the remaining 75% of the units by installing vinyl flooring, stainless steel appliances, quartz countertops, new cabinet faces and hardware, tile backsplash, and ceiling fans. Ultimately, Gelt will provide residents with a well-managed, upgraded, and attractive rental community that enhances their overall quality of life.”

Kallisto at Bear Creek is located in the heart of the highly affluent Bear Creek section of Lakewood, CO. The combination of the area’s suburban setting, proximity to outdoor recreation, and excellent schools are all key factors for renter desirability and demand. Additionally, the asset is located within a convenient commute to many of Denver’s largest employment centers, including the Denver Federal Center, St. Anthony Hospital, and Lockheed Martin. It is also a 20-minute drive to a diverse employee base of 400,000. The asset is well-located near several prime retail destinations, including Belmar and Southwest Plaza Mall, and within a three-mile radius of the asset, there are more than 3.4 msf of retail, dining and entertainment amenities.

Gelt’s Kallisto buy was the result of an upleg in a 1031 exchange with the recent sale of three assets including the $62.5 mil sale of Monterra Ridge Apartments in Los Angeles County; the $92 mil sale of Westhills Apartment Homes, a 400-unit apartment property in Lakewood; and the $9.15 mil sale of Y Rancho Mobile Home Park, a 113 space mobile home park in Reno, NV.

JLL’s Jordan Robbins, David Martin and Pamela Koster represented Gelt, as well as the seller, Holland Partner Group, in the transaction.

Return to the Archive page





Home | About Us | Newsletter | Contact Us | Executive Subscriber Membership | Executive Subscriber Home | Advertise
Southern California | Northern California | Pacific Northwest | Southwest | Retail | Multifamily | Financing | Property Management
Archives | Press Releases | Service Providers | JobWorks | Property Listings

Copyright © 2020 by RENTV, All Rights Reserved
Website designed by Regency Web Services, Inc. and powered by Lightning Media